All iPads With all these problems reported, should I still get it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vmflapem, Oct 26, 2014.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

I was hoping to buy an ipad air 2 but I'm starting to get a bit concerned after reading all the problems that are reported in this forum.

Speaking vibration is honestly one thing that i don't care about because I'm never going to hold it while playing something.

But screen distorting is something I am kind of concerned about... especially because I am planning on writing and drawing stuff on my ipad. Would this be a huge problem?
    Does the screen ripple when I put pressure on the screen itself (when drawing or writing on it)?

2. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

What issues? Mine is fine. I have been Apple's biggest QC nitpicker the last few years haha. They all have the distortion when pressure is applied to the back. It just varies on how much pressure is applied. This does not affect normal usage.

4. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

With all these problems reported, should I still get it?

Sure, my current one exhibits the distortion thing allot
    With little or no pressure other than the weight of the iPad itself.

It's going back for a new one and I think ones as extreme as mine are the exception.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

What issues? Just don't log on to MacRumors. You'll be fine.

6. donnaw macrumors 65816

Most won't have any issues at all. Forums are always filled with folks who find problems. Every new device has a few manufacturing issues.

If you're near an Apple Store just go get one. If you have issues it's easy to either return it or exchange it for no cost (as long as you're in your return window - 14 days I think).

7. puma1552 macrumors 601

Every single device Apple has ever released has resulted in the same number of problem threads.

My Air 2 is great, just get one. If it sucks, bring it back and exchange it.

8. NJHitmen macrumors member

This. No issues here, other than some stuff with iOS (not related to the hardware as far as I can tell).

9. veryangrybirds macrumors member

no problems with mine and I am very happy.

the nature of this forums of course will include problems and complaints ... there are many more happy people out there. this newest ipad is the best ... highly recommended.

10. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I recall the same posts last year when the Air came out. People complained of this and that. I bought three of them as soon as they came out and have had zero issues/problems. During the past year we have purchased (for our clients) hundreds more and again zero problems. I only mention this because there are bound to be some problems that arise. Apple will stand behind their product and make it good.

11. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

It's awful don't buy it. Worst iPad ever.

-------------------------------------

This messages was written on my new awesome iPad Air 2.

12. Jobsy macrumors newbie

What issues??

do you mean the FUD?

13. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Mine is FINE, no screen issues, very snappy, Lighter! Thinner! And as far as the volume it is MUCH louder then my orig air! So far SO GOOD!

14. donnaw macrumors 65816

It's not FUD. There are always some devices that have issues. Can't be helped. But how widespread those sues are is what's important. And that's why people post.

OP, most new devices will be just fine. The nice thing about Apple is that if you get one that doesn't meet your expectations you can return or exchange it pretty easily as long as you are in your return widow.

My opinion, if you have accept to an Apple Store, but one there, try it and decide. Chances are that you will get a pristine device like most of us did.

Good luck.

15. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

it has been out only few days and several people have noticed these issues (vibrating and screen distortion). (differend forums/country/vids). it is clearly a design fault. so it is up to you... you know they exist, so make your choice... do any of these issues affect daily usage, probably not - but annoying when seeing/hearing? yes.

i personally wait and see. not sure at all, will apple do anything to it. i doubt it. i bet there arent same issues in air3, but it will be another story and year...

----------

just remember, there are no apple stores in every countries. we dont have here, we have only apple web store. if i go and buy it from a local reseller, there are no right to return it.

16. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Mine turned out fine. I checked it in the store for dust behind screen, uneveness ect. Don't get too scared, remember that most of them are perfect you just only hear about the ones that arent on forums and such.

17. donnaw macrumors 65816

Yes, I know. I assumed that was a given but perhaps I need to always qualify the statement.

18. klover macrumors 6502a

Absolutely, and it's really no different than any prior release in terms of display and build issues.

The speed is quite noticeable in daily use (not simply a specification bump that doesn't have any real bearing on the UI) and the new display is excellent. I did not expect to upgrade but a few minutes with one in-hand and I sold my Air the same day and grabbed the Air2. The AR coating and bonding really make the panel pop and the Air was already quite good in terms of contrast ratio, color, etc.

And, it's the first device I feel can fully drive iOS8 without compromises.

19. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Bought the iPad Mini Retina last Sunday before the Air 2 was released. It was easily an upgrade from my first gen Mini and it only costed $299.

I liked it alot but the Air 2 was lurking on release day. An extra $200 is not exactly change but I knew I could try it with no risk so I went for it.

Fired it up that day and never used the Rmini again and I returned that one this morning.

There are issues with any device ever released. One will have to make trade offs (if those issues even bother you in the first place). Nothing mentioned has me returning the Air 2.

20. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

I say do it.

I purchased mine directly from the Apple store on Friday. Now I did have an issue with pink hue on the right side in landscape or on the bottom in portrait. I was able to exchange it yesterday with absolutely no problem.

This unit is flawless!! I am beyond thrilled with the new Air 2 and my experience with Apple over the exchange. And I will say this is the FIRST time I have ever had to exchange an Apple product out of a dozen or so we have purchased.

You have 14 days to inspect it and put it through its paces. If there are issues you have time to return it for a replacement or for a full refund.

21. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I purchased one Friday. I'm not really impressed. The screen is nice and the thing is quick but within an hour of using it, it froze up and would NOT reboot. I had to let the battery die then plug in.

Also, the vibrating from the speakers is as bad as people say.

I think I will be returning and holding off on a tablet (something I didn't really need anyway).

22. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

If you can get around the problems... go for it.

The lcd puddles aren't an issue for me, as I don't death grip the thing.
    The speaker vibration... well, that might be the thing that makes me take it back. I just don't like it at all. I'm waiting until I know if it can be fixed via software (bass levels) or not.

Other than that, I don't have any issues with it. It's fast, light, and has a nice display.

23. continuity macrumors newbie

There will always be a chance that you'll end up with a lemon, it's statistically inevitable for any product that's produced on such a massive scale. But all the "issues" you highlighted are essentially non-issues. Buy one, and take full advantage of the warranty if something ever goes awry.

And like others have said, people only log on to forums to complain about problems with their devices, very rarely do they come on just to rave about it. Looking at a couple of posts complaining about defects and deciding you won't buy the iPad as a result isn't a smart way to go about it or you'll end up never buying anything ever again with that level of paranoia.

24. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

This forum is the worst place to visit if you are looking for customers satisfaction reports.
    Here there are a lot of very picky (ocd using a wrong term) users that complains at every single iPad/iPhone iteration.
    Some of them are still buying every Apple product, after 3-4 returns. They basically won't never be satisfied.
    Some aren't going to buy it in any case, and just want to put Apple under a bad light.
    Happy customers, millions of them, are using their iPad.
    Apple has a very good customers service and a remorse period when you can return your product no question answered.
    Use it.

----------

Ahahah.... Best solution for most of the complaints about iDevices :D

----------

Do you realize you just got a lemon?

25. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

i would say wait couple months. you know that apple tweaks (without telling it) their devices when there are issues... will it happen or not, who knows...

----------

and no apple forum, no reddit, dont read consumerreports, dont look youtube, vimeo... anything with the topic ipad air 2...