With an IPad Air, iPhone 6s or 6s plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anand953, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Anand953 macrumors regular

so yes, it's that time of the year folks.. Just 4 more days to go.. Before deciding to create this thread I did browse through a lot of other threads here and searched the Internet to find clues to my query of 6s or 6s plus, but haven't got enough user experiences to make up my mind yet..

What complicates the matter further for me is that I also own an iPad Air. All the mobile devices I have owned till date have been 16gb or below. So one thing is for sure, whichever phone I end up buying is going to be a 64 gb device.. But the question is which one? Having an iPad Air at home, I hardly check my phone when at home except for answering calls and replying to messages.. I really like the bigger display of iPad Air when reading, watching videos, gaming (very occasional) or simply browsing .. So surely, none of the iPhone's are going to replace my iPad use when at home..

Is it worth it to pay extra and have the extra size in my daily driver (outside home ) phone? Would especially like to hear experiences and suggestions from people who own both an iPad and iPhone 6 plus

2. tworth23 macrumors regular

Definitely go with the the plus. I have the iPad Air 2 and also use my iPad when at home. The biggest thing about the plus is the battery life! It's an absolute beast!!! No comparison to the 6, I've had both, spend the extra money and get the plus.

3. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

I have an iPad Air 2 as well, and I'm also looking to move to an iPhone 6S Plus.

It's not just the battery life. On those occasions that I have to type instead of talk, I'd appreciate a bigger screen. :)

I'll tell you what, though. I sold my iPhone 6 already in order to get the better price before the 6S comes out. And this Moto X is driving me crazy. Ca-razy, I tell you. I can't wait to get an iPhone back.

4. Anand953 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow.. seems this year it's going to be 6s plus all the way.. many people are thinking of going all the way to own the bigger size..

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Whatever works better for you as a mobile. If you want it to be more one hand friendly get the 6, if you want a bigger screen get the plus. Both me and my wife have Air 2's, I have a 6 and she has a plus. She likes the big screen. I like the smaller screen for easier one handed use and it is more pocket friendly.

6. Anand953 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm.. got your point..
    Guess you can't get everything in 1 single phone.. if apple gives the better battery life and ois features to 6s, my choice will become all the more easy

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

I have an iPad Air 2 which I often use at home mainly to check email quickly and to watch TV shows on demand. I also sometimes use it when sitting in a cafe. However where my iPhone 6 Plus really come in handy is at work. We do have internet but it's slow plus it doesn't have all my bookmarks and passwords.

Also we aren't aloud to use work internet for personal use. As I like to check the various social networks as well as my email and browse the internet and sometimes make purchases online the big display of the 6 Plus make it much easier then a 6 would with it's smaller screen.

8. Anand953 thread starter macrumors regular

So you do justice in using the 6s plus bigger screen somewhere.. With me, I have access to all major websites in office so mostly I use my laptop to browse them as and when I get time.. At home, it's mostly my iPad Air or MacBook Pro with occasional phone use while texting messages..

So for me, the size of a phone is not a major issue.. It's the battery and OIS - 2 important features that the 6 plus has as an advantage.. Still waiting to see how much gap Apple closes this time between the 2 phones.. Somewhere they will have to keep good enough demarcation between both the phones to have a usp for the plus.. Size alone will not remain reason enough for people to choose the bigger one.. Especially the loyal Apple fans