With El Capitan DP 5 out, Possible iOS 9 DP 5 around the corner?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by lagwagon, Jul 27, 2015.

1. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I'm actually disappointed no one else made a thread yet. Haha.

Anyways.

With the oddly timed release of El Capitan DP 5 (4pm Cupertino time on a Monday and only one week after DP 4) and it having what looks like just a few minor bug fixes, it's possible we could maybe see a iOS 9 DP 5 to follow tomorrow morning. (Tuesday, July 28th)

I know lots hate these threads, but it's possible they do release it considering today's events.

2. The Doctor11, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015

The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Possible but I'm not counting on it. I think it's more likely than not going to be next week.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Eh screw those people this thread has a legit reason.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

5. lagwagon, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015

lagwagon thread starter Suspended

lagwagon

I kinda think next week too, but with Apple being sneaky with today's curveball for OS X beta makes me raise an eyebrow for a possible tomorrow iOS beta build.

The 4pm pacific time and only one week after was probably the most odd thing about it vs it being a Monday. And that it really didn't contain anything major. Just font book crashing, visual bug in Activity Monitor, Finder Sidebar and a couple other little things got fixed. That doesn't seem like reason enough for such a short gap between builds just to do that.

6. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

I hope next week. Gives them more time to fix bugs. Beta 4 was way worse than beta 3.

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

How so? It's on par with beta 3 for me but with much better hand off which made me happy.

8. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

Worse battery life, choppier app switcher/UI in general, and hard resets. And that's DFU'd and set up as new.

9. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

This could only prove one thing: apple will release new software beta version whenever it is available.

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I hope they wait until next week. I have already used 130% of my monthly data cap. :(

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

Well it's clearly a new build compared to just being a security patch. If it was a patch for something they found in DP4, it would've been DP4 2.0 rather than DP5, so a new iOS 9 build is possible.

13. thatJohann macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

i highly doubt today, and tbh, it's likely not even next week, but the following week, it's time they move into the 3 week gap between betas.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

So what's your explanation for El Capitan DP5?

15. thatJohann macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

probably an urgent bug fix for security. wasn't there an article saying el capitan dp 4 had a security flaw?

16. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

OS X El Capitan has more bugs and glitches then iOS 9. I'm currently on Public preview 2 and still encounter screen freezing and graphic glitches. iOS 9 beta 4/Public preview 3 is more stable

17. batting1000 macrumors 604

They would've done a Supplemental Update to DP4 if that was the case as they did with DP3: http://9to5mac.com/2015/07/10/os-x-el-capitan-supplemental-update/. Plus, I read in the El Cap forum that other bugs were fixed not just a supposed security flaw (if that's true).

Odd, because I've experienced the opposite and most people in the El Cap forum would probably agree. I've seen a lot more bugs and performance issues in iOS 9 than in El Cap which has probably been the most stable OS X preview I've used.

18. nutmac macrumors 68040

El Capitan DP5 is super buggy for many people. As for me personally, pasteboard (copy paste) fails on many apps (especially first party apps), launch service corruption issue (file type association causing apps like Preview to not load images and Photos to not playback videos), to name a few.

19. dcp10 macrumors 6502

Normally I would agree, but the launch of iOS 8 last year was widely perceived as troubled, so it might give Apple a reason to push out a an extra beta or two which would necessitate keeping with a 2 week schedule longer.

20. lagwagon thread starter Suspended

lagwagon

If it was an urgent security fix for OS X beta then public beta would have gotten it too for El Capitan. Isn't PB 2 running the same DP 4 build?

21. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

I faced both issue just hours back and I'm on Public Beta 2. "Fixed" once I restarted.

22. lagwagon thread starter Suspended

lagwagon

Well, not looking likely at all for any sneaky surprise builds today.

I thought maybe they would have released a flurry of El Capitan PB 3, iOS 9 DP 5 + PB 3 to try and move attention off of Windows 10 release tomorrow and keep people excited about OS X and iOS.

(Blizzard does this all the time with World of Warcraft to any major competing game.)

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think Apple really works that way (or cares much).

24. lagwagon thread starter Suspended

lagwagon

Well, it's not like Blizzard needs to do it either. (Every single new game that is claimed to be the "WoW killer" always flops anyways.) but they do it regardless.