With Face ID your iPhone listening AND watching you 24/7 now...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hankster, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

For those who didn't realize, with Siri the iPhone is always on and listening (and recording). With Face ID this means the iPhone is always watching for your face. But, bottom line is it's always watching... Less and less privacy each passing upgrade.

2. 0928001 Suspended

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68030

FelixDerKater

You could make the same argument for your TV or laptop.

4. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

I mean, any time you're in front of a camera or microphone this is a possibility. Hey Siri and Face ID aren't the things that set this off lol.

Like @FelixDerKater said, same could be said for your TV or laptop. Hell, my TV remote has a microphone in it.

Let us never forget!

[​IMG]

5. tobeornottobe macrumors regular

6. HylianKnight macrumors regular

The phone is only “always listening” if you enable “Hey Siri”. Also, I trust Apple with my privacy and data significantly more than I trust google.

7. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

We now can certain that at least government is always watching us constantly. Not to mention all sorts of hackers across the globe. Even foreign governments are also watching us (cough* China * cough).
    Well, this is one reason I hate face ID over Touch ID. I do not have the incentive to put my face on anywhere over the Internet. I want to stay low and reduce the chance of being targeted.
    Idk how Apple will use this, but:
    “When someone is highlighting something they are doing, there is a good chance that they are NOT doing that thing at all, or at least in their lowest priority.”

8. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

After seeing more hands-on vids, it appears it's not always looking for your face - you need to either Raise-to-Wake the phone or tap it to turn on the Face ID scanners.

As seen here at 1:47.

9. Sir Ruben macrumors 68000

Sir Ruben