with Leopard delayed, when might we expect new hardware?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. roland.g macrumors 603

    roland.g

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2005
    Location:
    One mile up and soaring
    #1
    Like many here I was waiting for Leopard to get my new Mac. Seeing that a midrange tower along with iSight equipped Cinema Displays are a longshot at being introduced this year if at all, the 24" iMac is the most sensible solution for me. I would prefer a mid tower with 2 HDD bays, room for 4GB RAM and a sleek sexy 23" Cinema Display. Instead I will probably get a 24" iMac either 2.16 or 2.33 with 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, & 7600GT. I was hoping to see a Black or Silver iMac this spring in the next revision which many agree would come in May/June with Santa Rosa. I have a Mini (see sig) that I got in October to tide me over.

    Any reason to think that an iMac revision will arrive sometime soon and be worth waiting for given my current sitch or that it is worth it to get the 24" now? I have no intention of waiting till October though I would have liked to have Leopard pre-loaded vs. upgrading the OS.
     
  2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

    Zwhaler

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2006
    #2
    I am in the same boat. I really hope Apple refreshes its line by WWDC, because they will have no excuse for delaying their computers.
     
  3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

    roland.g

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2005
    Location:
    One mile up and soaring
    #3
    I had a friend at Apple who was going to use his 15% discount to get me a 24" iMac in Sept/Oct and he kept telling me next week. Finally I hadn't heard from him in 3 weeks and ordered a Mini refurb to tide me over, thinking I would get the iMac in the Spring when Leopard came out. A had a buyer lined up for the Mini so it was perfect. The day after I ordered the Mini I got a call from him telling me he could order the iMac. I told him I'd call him in March. My buyer wants the Mini already and I am going to visit him April 27th. If I get a new iMac by then and transfer the data I could take the Mini with me. But, I would hate to see an iMac refresh within 4-6 weeks after. And I know I will be going for another visit in June or July. I also don't know if I can order and get my discounted iMac in 2 weeks. That means getting a hold of my friend, CTO time, shipping, and then having maybe 2-4 days to get it setup, data transferred and wipe the Mini in time for my trip. Not to mention when I get back I will have less than 2 weeks before I go away for 10 days, getting back exactly 3 weeks before WWDC. So I guess I just have to sit tight.
     

Share This Page