With Mobile Me can I still use old email address?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jun 14, 2008.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I think that I will have to use the new Mobile Me email address but if I still want to continue using my old email address will it still work just won't be push? How does that work? It will take a while to transition my customers from old address to new.

2. wako macrumors 65816

what do you mean by old email address? do you mean like your former .mac email address? or do you mean like your old hotmail address?

MobileMe will only push emails that are sent to your MobileMe account. With .Mac accounts, it will be transitioned to MobileMe so that will be pushed. If you are hoping to get your hotmail, gmail, etc accounts to be pushed it wont. What you can do though is get your emails from hotmail and gmail to be forwarded to your MobileMe email account. Whenever it gets to your inbox it will then be pushed.

3. phinnaeus macrumors member

I am still hoping for a miracle (see: Gmail providing native push support), but I doubt it.

4. stiphone macrumors regular

For me, I still prefer the .Mac email address. So I'm planning to buy a .Mac account and sign up for the .Mac email address before MobileMe launches. I heard that in this way, I'll me able to keep the .Mac address and not transit to the new MobileMe address if i dun want to...

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

In the keynote Steve said users can keep their @mac email address and transfer to a @me if they want.

6. rom macrumors regular

When MobileMe gets activated, mac.com will be aliases of your me.com account.