With new Applecare Policies...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trey M, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

So, I have Applecare+ on my iPhone 5. I'm wondering how to go about getting a new phone via the Applecare support. I understand the policies dictate accidental damage, but recently I've seen a lot of articles regarding Apple beginning to make a lot of these repairs in the store.

So, I recently cracked my screen (minor) on my iPhone 5. I live very far away from an Apple Store (over 300 miles), so if I call support, will they still send me a new (or refurb) device without much hassle? I'm concerned because I want to make sure I get a new-looking device when I get my replacement, not just a repair of my screen. Does anyone know with certainty what these new policies will allow for (assuming it will be a mail-in repair)?

Thanks, all!

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yes, my understanding is you can request an advanced replacement from AppleCare. They will put a hold on your credit card until they receive your device back. Then you will get a new refurbished device and you will then mail yours back.
    Last time I did that I had trouble with the replacement (row of dead pixels) and ended up getting that one swapped out at the Apple Store.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Yea, there won't be a mail in repair. They will send you a new (new looking) phone asap. You won't have any problem.

4. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

When you go through mail, you always get a refurbished iphone, I know I always have.

It's gonna cost you $50 though

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Why $50? AppleCare+ should cover all shipping charges.

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

You have to pay a deductible with AC+.

7. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Depends when you bought the AppleCare+ could be $49 or $79