With Pangu jailbreak, can I downgrade now?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sw6lee, Jun 27, 2014.

1. sw6lee macrumors regular

Hi guys, I'm not sure what is needed to downgrade. I know that when ios 7.1 first came out, only iphone 4 could downgrade. Is this because only iphone 4 had jailbreak? Now we have pangu and I'm already jailbroken my ipad 3. There are certain things i really hate about ios 7.1 and i was wondering if i can downgrade to ios 7 or 6?

I don't have SHSH blobs, so hopefully there is a way to do that without that..?

Thanks.

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Why would you downgrade to iOS 7.0?

4. sw6lee thread starter macrumors regular

Cause i hate the stutter in ios 7.1.1. Every time i hit home button after using an app like safari, youtube, and others for awhile, the animation stutters and its annoying as hell. I know that ios 7 probably is worse (although not this same bug) but i think i just don't remember how bad it was anymore cause i hate 7.1 now and its been awhile. I would actually much prefer downgrading to 6.1.3. :(

----------

Really, really sad..

5. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I just don't understand, where did you get that stutter from?
    Do a restore, maybe it will help...

6. sw6lee thread starter macrumors regular

7. patt2k macrumors regular

Install noslowanimations and other tweaks like nitrous etc etc..

8. MagWhiz macrumors member

Nitrous won't fix anything about system speeds. And to OP, there's no way to downgrade without SHSH's.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Isnt that not even used in the more recent iOS versions and/or more recent iOS devices?

10. white4s macrumors 65816

blobs aren't used with ios7, it stopped with ios5/6

springtomize can help with the slow animations, my phone is almost instant

11. MagWhiz macrumors member

They use APTickets now, IIRC?

I had a problem with lag with 7.1.1 and it wasn't because the animations were slow, if I tapped an app the icon would have a black overlay for a sec or two and then it would open the app. Maybe that's what OP is experiencing. A restore (to 7.1.1) fixed my problem.

12. sw6lee thread starter macrumors regular

i don't know if it's helping or not, but i already have nitrous installed, and another tweak (don't remember name) for speeding up animation. animation is definitely faster, but i didn't have issue with slow animation before anyway. my problem is animation stutter where the animation for going home after using an app for awhile stutters badly. after i've sped up the animation, it seems like now the stutter is worse, because the duration of animation for going home is shorter, there doesn't seem like any animation when this stutter occurs. it just looks really bad. not all apps cause this. the apps that cause this stutter when going home most often are Safari, Youtube, FB, G+, Aliexpress HD, and more. after extensively using these for an hour or more, the animation for going to home screen stutters on iPad 3 with iOS 7.1.

Also, I saw someone with iPod touch 5th gen started a thread on apple communities and he/she was having the same problem on iPod touch.

If you guys read this thread
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1718418
    from start to end (only 2 pages), you'll see other iPad 3 users also have this problem. Some don't because they don't use their iPad 3 extensively.

So is there maybe another tweak that can smoothen out all the animations in the system or something, and prevent stutter, maybe by optimizing the code better for iPad 3?

13. white4s macrumors 65816

not sure since my jailbreak knowledge is limited. i just know blobs are not used with ios7