With Remakes are 360/PS3 Worth Getting

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by musicpenguy, Jul 18, 2014.

1. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I was wondering with the trend of last gen remakes; Tomb Raider, Last of Us, Halo Collection, GTA 5 ...

Is it worth getting a 360 or PS3; or will by the end of this new generation will all of the must have games of the last gen be available for XB1 or PS4?

What notable exceptions do you see not getting remade for the new hardware?

2. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Theres no Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite or Skyrim being made for the current generation.

Honestly, because of remakes, I'd say that both the 360 and PS3 are worth getting. The most notable game on my radar at the moment is Destiny- also on 360/PS3. Even Titanfall is meant to be quite decent on 360.

If you didn't get involved with the last generation, now is the best time to pick up both consoles on the cheap and GORGE yourself. Some absolute gems that the X1/PS4 will struggle to match even in the next year.

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

There are just sooo many good games on PS360, no way they will remake all of them. And the difference in graphics is really not that huge, but the difference in price certainly is!

Just a few of the many great games that so far don't have announced remakes:

- Uncharted 1-3
    - Bioshock & Bioshock Infinite
    - Mass Effect 1-3
    - Dead Space
    - Far Cry 2 & 3
    - Little Big Planet
    - Burnout Paradise
    - Saints Row 3 & 4
    - Batman Arkham Asylum & City
    - Red Dead Redemption
    - Heavy Rain
    - Dishonored
    - Tales of Monkey Island
    - Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
    - Journey
    - Noby Noby Boy (just kidding!)

Granted, some of these may still get remakes, but you can buy most of them on PS360 for 10-15 bucks right now. The systems are cheap, the games are cheap, and there are a lot of great ones that deserve playing!

4. musicpenguy thread starter macrumors 65816

Since I already own a PS4 and XB1 I rather enjoyed the more polished versions of these already proven great games, but I get your point for those that have already played them

----------

A nice little list there - would it be a safe assumption that the PS3 is the better console to get game wise?

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Nah, comes down to personal taste, they both have great exclusives. My list is PS3-heavy, because that's what I own. The 360 has many great exclusives too, I am sure - I just never played them.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Screw remakes. They're a horrible marketing exploit to get away with selling the same game full price for a second time. And what is worse is that with the shunning of backwards compatibility these consoles are insisting on, remakes are becoming a welcome thing.

Personally, I'd say save a few monies and just buy the originals. I'm grateful that my PC has excellent backwards compatibility for older games.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Technically Wolfenstein The New Order, the new Doom game are both remakes since they're just retelling the same story ;).
    Sometimes its worth it though. This generation saw developers really trying to pull every inch of power from consoles, and it shows in bad framerates, long load times, low resolutions. I'm kinda glad some of the best games of last gen are getting enhanced ports. Absolutely loving Windwaker HD too.