With repeating reminders, will I get a reminder on the "End Repeat Date"?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Oct 26, 2016.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

So if I set a daily repeating reminder, does the end date mean that it will remind me one more time on that date, or does it mean the last reminder I get will be the day before the end date?

I thought it meant you get a reminder on the last day. But the last two times (in two weeks) that I have set a repeating reminder with an end date, I do not get a reminder task on the "end repeat" date.

How does it work for you, how is it supposed to work?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

A reminder should exist on the end date. I have a few with no end date but I just tried one for today ending tomorrow and once I marked today's "completed" the reminder for tomorrow showed up. This was an iCloud synced reminder.

With what service is your reminder syncing?

3. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the response!

This is an iCloud sync reminder as well.

I'll run a two day test and see what happens, but like I said, the last few didn't seem to work properly.

I have basically switched over to all of Apple's services - and they seem to still be a little glitchy at times.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

One thing that's happened to me is having a recurring reminder and marking it complete on both my Mac and iPhone can lead to the next reminder being marked complete.