Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Why isn’t there a dynamic wallpaper like Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur? Yes I know there is the dark/light wallpaper. I’m talking about the 24+ transitions. Don’t give me the battery argument.

A necessity? No? A niche, superficial thing? Yes. Come on iOS 15! A dynamic wallpaper would be amazing!

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
I’m hoping Apple ends up doing a customization overhaul in the next few years—Apple rushes for no one lol I would like to see a theme store or springboard setting. Something that allows for an array of live/dynamic wallpapers as you mentioned, more ringtones, app shapes (i.e. circle, tearpdrop, etc) and colors, and font packs to name a few.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Why isn’t there a dynamic wallpaper like Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur? Yes I know there is the dark/light wallpaper. I’m talking about the 24+ transitions. Don’t give me the battery argument.

A necessity? No? A niche, superficial thing? Yes. Come on iOS 15! A dynamic wallpaper would be amazing!

iOS 12 has dynamic wallpapers already. Alas, it's just bubbles that change trajectory depending on device movement. What we need is just more customization options.

Reactions: MisterMillz

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
While you may want something like that, I bet most people don't.
The reason it's not used is obvious even though you refuse to accept it: Battery Drain

Reactions: Homme

Chevyman29

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
The problem with the battery drain argument is the way iOS handles notifications . Up until recently whenever you received a notification the whole screen had to light up ...
Now with the change from LCD to AMOLED screens it only has to light the part if the screen . Aod would use far less battery than the way it currently is.

Apple just won't add a feature that they didn't dream up unless some how they can put a spin on it that it's a improvement over what came before.

Battery drain is just a good excuse to cover for there own mindset of if we didn't invent it you don't need it. We'll tell you what you need..
That being said I do enjoy my mini.
It's not perfect by any means . With a few small improvement in the iOS it would be closer to perfect for me.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Legend has it, the A14 beast bionic is to powerful for dynamic wallpapers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.