With the AT&T prepaid plan & wifi basic free access?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aces2412, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Aces2412 macrumors regular

If you have an AT&T prepaid plan does that give you access to AT&T 's wifi hotspot basic? It's the wifi spots at McDonald's Starbucks etc.

Some may be free anyway...:confused:

2. darkknight11 macrumors member

starbucks is free for vz and att...you dont need 3G/4G...only WIFI only ipad.

3. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

4. Aces2412 thread starter macrumors regular

Not what I meant. If you locate an AT&T wifi hotspot and the login screen comes up can you enter your user name and password from your prepaid acct to give you access for free as a AT&T customer?

This would be a small benefit over Verizon.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

I stopped by Starbucks yesterday to grab a cup to go and tried out my Verizon iPad.

It connected to the AT&T wifi just fine and for free. Clicked through the "I agree" page and was good to go.

6. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I thought AT&T did away with the user name and password. My son's iPod Touch always connects and has never asked for anything when connecting to AT&T hotspots.

You just need to check the "I agree" box if a screen comes up. However, if I remember correctly, this has only been the first time. All AT&T wifi hotspots are configured the same so as long as you have "Remember Network" selected as Yes, it should never ask you again and just automatically connect.

7. Rigby macrumors 601

I think the OP was referring to AT&T hotspots other than those at Starbucks (which are free for all because they are subsidized by Starbucks). AT&T hotspots in hotels etc. usually ask for a password. If you have Internet (DSL) service from AT&T at home you get free access using the DSL credentials. The same is also true if you have an Iphone with AT&T contract. I'd like to know too if the prepaid AT&T Ipad service qualifies as well.

8. Aces2412 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes exactly