With the new Core 2 Duo processor, is it possible to come with the 3G iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billandy, Jan 16, 2008.

1. billandy macrumors regular

After watching yesterday's Keynote and seeing the dimensions of the new chip, I'm wondering if Intel and Apple are actually trying to get that chip into the next generation iPhone? If that happens to be true, that'll mean a lot! :D:D:D

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Not gonna happen. Do you want a phone that lasts twenty minutes on a charge?

3. billandy thread starter macrumors regular

But then what's the reason for Intel to spend millions in developing that new resized processor? I think there should be something bigger behind! Maybe Apple will make their next generation iPhone 100% glass with solar panels on on the back? HAHA!

4. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Apple's not the only computer company, you know. There's a few others out there that could make use of smaller components. Like all of them. I guarantee you this processor isn't going to be sold to Apple exclusively.

5. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

it wouldn't be smart for apple financially either. They would have to bump up the price of it to keep making the same profit. For example ,

c2d in a mbair=not too expensive to make given the final profit

the same c2d in an iPhone=a lot less profit because iPhone is over $1000 less than a mbair.