with the new cpu/hdd bump, will MBP's still be updated in Jan?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wallace86, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Wallace86 macrumors regular

was this a "minor" update, or one of the "once every 6 months" updates? I had the impression that they would update them in Jan, but with this new one i don't know.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

this is not an UPDATE, you still walk into the apple store and have the EXACT SAME CHOICES as before they just added a few more build to order options, yes it is quite possible that they will be actually UPDATED in january

3. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

AWOSOME, i was a little WORRIED there for a second....THANKYOU for your infinate WISDOM!

do u think it that after ordering in Jan it will take like 6-8 weeks for the MBP's 2 ship, as they did after the last update?

4. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Depends on availability of parts such as processors. No one can truthfully answer this question.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The optional speed bump now will allow you to get the fastest ego stroking machine now and for Apple to make use of a more limited supply of chips.

If you want a 2.6GHz machine you can pay the extra money now and get your grubby hands on it several months before those waiting for the next generation of CPUs will.

---

Of course if you wait, the cache will be bumped in the next generation CPU -- which will likely help out more than a simple GHz bump.

6. Smurfed macrumors regular

The 2.6ghz bto takes about 2-3 weeks to ship, which most likely arrive near December.

I see no point in buying that now, when you might get a Penryn machine just a month later.

7. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

i think the same goes for the macbook

both the macbook and macbook pro have had the same casing for far too long...an all new exterior (hopefully with interior to match) is coming soon

8. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

I hope it's just not a change for the sake of making a change.