Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
1.2mp is pathetic. With everyone taking more selies than regular photographs these days why not put a decent camera in there?

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
In camera tests I saw the iPhone 6 front camera performed very well, much better than the Galaxy S5 (the Note 4 is yet to be determined but is 3.68 MP)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Since the pictures generally close ups, and for twitter/instagram/FB Do they really need to be higher megapixels?

I don't take many (read any) selfies, but we're not talking about depth of field, or low light situations but just quick snap shots of your face.

I can see adding a flash for those low light situations but I'm rather meh over the needing to improve the front camera (admittedly its a feature I don't use)

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Since the pictures generally close ups, and for twitter/instagram/FB Do they really need to be higher megapixels?

I don't take many (read any) selfies, but we're not talking about depth of field, or low light situations but just quick snap shots of your face.

I can see adding a flash for those low light situations but I'm rather meh over the needing to improve the front camera (admittedly its a feature I don't use)

And you send me a warning for insulting this guy...? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH...

When I didn't even insult but, point out the facts...

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014

I'd like to take pictures in front of landmarks, notable people/characters, interesting situations. It's not just for a quick upload to facebook. I think the selfie idea was something a lot of people hadn't thought about before but it is fun being able to take your own photo as a signature of you being somewhere or meeting someone interesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.