With the whole selfie crazy why no decent face time camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 27, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

1.2mp is pathetic. With everyone taking more selies than regular photographs these days why not put a decent camera in there?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

In camera tests I saw the iPhone 6 front camera performed very well, much better than the Galaxy S5 (the Note 4 is yet to be determined but is 3.68 MP)

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

If it prevents even one selfie from happening, then Apple has made the world a better place.

4. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ohh look at you, mister buck the trend.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since the pictures generally close ups, and for twitter/instagram/FB Do they really need to be higher megapixels?

I don't take many (read any) selfies, but we're not talking about depth of field, or low light situations but just quick snap shots of your face.

I can see adding a flash for those low light situations but I'm rather meh over the needing to improve the front camera (admittedly its a feature I don't use)

6. FriednTested macrumors 6502

And you send me a warning for insulting this guy...? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH...

When I didn't even insult but, point out the facts...

7. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd like to take pictures in front of landmarks, notable people/characters, interesting situations. It's not just for a quick upload to facebook. I think the selfie idea was something a lot of people hadn't thought about before but it is fun being able to take your own photo as a signature of you being somewhere or meeting someone interesting.