With these rumoured iPhone updates...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BlakTornado, Jun 3, 2008.

1. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Will any of these new features be featured with the iPod Touch?

Of course, the Touch won't have 3G, but would it have things like GPS, a front-mounted iSight camera, and so on?

These features would be really useful, even if it's not Apples target audience. And while iPod Touch users aren't Apple's main priority (we all know they love the iPhone more because it gets them more money) but some of those features would make the device a lot more worth it. Plus it would push the boundaries of the iPod and encourage more users to go that extra step for the touch, rather than just a Nano or Classic.

And do you think there will be a case redesign, like for the iPhone? Or do you think Apple will keep this same style?

Personally I would like to see a current gen iPhone back on the iPod Touch as the current back scuffs and scratches really badly, from what I've seen.

Of course, this is unlikely but it would be good if the iPod Touch gets a slice of the action.... even if it's just a small slice. Especially as developers will be utilizing these features. I know GOOD developers would cater for both but chances are the apps will be severely restricted for iPod Touch as Apple is focusing the developers on the iPhone mainly.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Probably not. The phone actually needs those to compete in the cell phone market, while a music player simply does not. Just because they're both running the same OS doesn't mean that they have to compete with eachother.

3. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

I think the video chat if it happens will be because they should have 3G and you could use it on the move without having a WiFi connection. So I do not see the camera being added.