with this new iphone and faster processor and all. do you think ..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fratboy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. fratboy macrumors regular

all the people who complain about laggyness of jailbreaking will shut up..

with the iphone having a these new upgrades it should make jailbreaking less laggy and all

side note :: i have a jailbroken iphone and NEVER have lag...

2. The General macrumors 601

People will always complain. It will never be fast enough.

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I'm also thinking that Apple will make the new iPhone next to impossible to jailbreak. There's a good chance you won't see that for some time to come.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing is impossible to jailbreak/hack.
    It might take time if Apple really goes after jailbreaking but it will get hacked sooner or later.

5. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

But doesn't the developer team give out the jailbreak files? If they don't do that won't it make it that much harder or impossible to jailbreak..

James

6. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

My i7 Quad-Core is slow... when rendering HD video at full quality.

Yea nothing is ever fast enough.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Then they'll have to do a better job than they have on the 3.0 betas.

8. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

im content with the iphone..
    i hope apple doesnt manke anymore technological advances for as long as I am buying their products

9. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

But Apple can always choose to prevent jailbreaking on the hardware side--at least the Dev Team blog alludes to that. So, whether the 3.0 beta has been cracked is not really relevant to whether blocking all jailbreaking is a road Apple could choose to take

10. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Yes, because there's no chance software will use up the extra ram for things leaving no more for jailbreaking than it has now.

That has never happened before, which is why the last twenty years of desktop upgrades has given us computers that do everything instantaneously...

Phazer

11. fratboy thread starter macrumors regular

just to let you know ... the 3.0 software IS jailbroken.. its already been done..soo your statement about it being unable to be jailbroken is wrong and baseless .. the dev team is just waiting for the final 3.0 to release it and lots of cydia devs are working on making 3.0 compatible right now .. so i assume maybe a day after its released we will be able to jailbreak it

12. Bodah macrumors regular

That is partially right, but maybe you need to do a little more research on how the jailbreak works before you call someone out for being "wrong and baseless" Since this is about the new hardware, I don't think that it is wrong and baseless.

Yes, 3.0 is jailbroken for the 3G. You will be able to jailbreak your 3G a day or two after 3.0's release.

It is not jailbroken for the new "iPhone 2,1", whatever it is going to be called. The exploit that is used to install the jailbreak is done at a low hardware level. We can only assume that Apple has closed that exploit in the new upcoming version of the iPhone.

From the EFF
    http://www.eff.org/files/filenode/dmca_2009/EFF2009replycomment_0.pdf
    This “chain of trust” is, however, only as strong as its weakest link. In the iPhone, a signature check occurs at every stage except the first one—the bootrom does not check the signature of the LLB before loading it from the NOR flash.25 Accordingly, if the phone owner is able to substitute a “patched” version of the LLB that does not do signature checking, the bootrom will load it without objection. This, in turn, allows the loading of “patched” versions of iBoot and the operating system kernel. These patched versions are generally identical to the original Apple code, except that they are willing to load and execute software without performing the signature
    checks that Apple intended to prevent the running of unauthorized software.

I doubt that Apple left this hole in the new version of the hardware.

13. seanofthedead macrumors member

Don't pelt me with rocks, but I have to ask: is jailbreaking illegal? Or does it, like, **** with the warranty?

Yes I'm being serious.

14. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Apple has tried saying it is illegal. It will mess withthe warranty if you bring it in for service and it is still JB. Make sure to restore it before you bring your phone to Apple.

15. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Every American has the right to bitch and most of them use that right more than any other.

16. Bodah macrumors regular

17. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Didn't it take a long time to crack the 2nd gen iPod touch? If I remember correctly, Apple changed something in the HARDWARE that made the current jailbreak (at the time) incompatible. That's most likely what has to happen again. The Dev-Team will just have to buy a new iPhone and search for an exploit. How easy that exploit will be to find is another matter. It could be days... or it could be months. I believe that no matter what Apple does... it can be hacked someway or another. If it can be built, it can be taken apart.

18. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Maybe so, but if you have the latest baseband on a 3G, you're not unlocking, or have I misunderstood all the posts that I have read?

Did I say impossible? Looking at my post it says NEXT to impossible; as in very difficult.