Without disc on games

Discussion in 'macOS' started by polyefko12399, Nov 30, 2008.

1. polyefko12399 macrumors newbie

I have lost my disc to my favorite game diablo 2 and i am wondering if there is still a way that i can play the game without the disc? I heard that u can use disc utilities to make an image but can i do it without the disc first? and i am a newbie mac user so please help!!!

2. rtpub macrumors member

rtpub

How can you create a disc image without the source in the 1st place? :confused:
    As far as playing without the disc is concerned, not sure if you've chosen full installation back then.

3. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

You could find the .iso file of the diablo disk and download it off of some torrent or something. You must realise though that this is illegal, even if you own the original disk. But yes, mounting an image of the cd/dvd will work just fine most of the times, and if it doesnt, you could use an application such as Toast to mount the image, it will be mounted just like if it was inserted in your dvd drive.

4. Fire Chief macrumors newbie

If you still have the CD key you can use it to register the game in Blizzard's online store and download the full game at any time.

5. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

wow i didnt know that, thats great