without iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattpreston11, Jun 12, 2008.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

sold mine in preperation for the 3g one, i sold it asap after the keynote to get the best value i could for it, now im using the worst phone ever. i miss my iphone so much and its only been 3 days.

how do other peple in the wolrd cop without an iphone?or even a similar phone i need my email, music, internet etc on the go! its a joke..

come july 11th, even though im not sure which option im going for yet, il be missing my phone so much il sign up for anything just to get one.

sounds sad but this phone has seriously improved my life!

anyone else in similar situation?

2. esvienne macrumors member

I am.. I did the same thing actually, I put mine on ebay as soon as I saw the keynote and somebody clicked my buy it now an hour later for $300.00. I had a 4g and I'm putting the money I made on this towards a 3g one. When I got the iphone previously, I sold my blackjack that I had, so now I'm using an old phone I had from years ago; some ghetto clamshell samsung. It's horrible, I don't even like taking it out of my purse haha. I'm so used to having email etc on my phone that I don't even know what to do with this stupid old phone. It's so simple that I couldn't figure it out. Haha.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68030

This may sound bad, but I'm in the same boat. I can't stand the phones I'm using (sidekick for AIM and RAZR for calls/texts). The sidekick always loses service and the RAZR randomly shuts off. Even if both phones were perfect, they still wouldn't be equal to the iPhone.

I really want my iPhone back, but atleast I know that when I do get it back, it'll be twice as good as the one I had. July 11 (well 14th for me) couldn't come any sooner.

4. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

pretty sure iphone is not air, so yes we 'cope'. but down grading must be worse i have never had the privilege of owning a decent phone. i have had a Motorola v360(doubt anyone cares) for almost 2 years, so yea im dyingto upgrade.

5. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

I feel your pain!

I nearly did the same but couldn't bare the thought of being without my iphone. I've had it since nov and I can't quite remember what life was like without one!

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I had those same phones and I donated them to the Apple Store, dang, I wonder if they still have them? :D

7. Blitzerin macrumors newbie

Well, I've never personally owned an iPhone, but I used to use my friend's quite a bit when I saw him, and I absolutely loved it. I've been dying to get one for 4 months, but didn't buy one because I read that the 3g was coming out soon. I'm also using the WORST phone ever right now. It's over 3 years old, and it sucks so bad that I can't even receive or send calls while I'm at my house. I was really hoping that the 3g iphone would come out around the speculated June 19(ish), and was really upset when I found out it was coming much later. I've been keeping up so much with the new iphone, that just last night I had a dream about it, haha. This is going to be a long month :(

8. esvienne macrumors member

Well for me I always like to fidget and play with electronics when I'm bored, so when I want something to do something I'll just play with my iphone and look up new apps (jailbroken) but now... I have this clamshell that does nothing but open, close, and ring. LOL.

9. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

im using some nokia 2xxx something, im so used to just getting my iphone out my pocket purely out of habit and having an array of things to do, read email, check news, IM over fring, now everytime i open my phoen its just some awful colour screen with nothing to show.

and the number of things i think im going to do then just dont because i remember i dont have an iphone.

i wanted to get in touch with one of my mates just as a quick question, thought id fring him just ask him, but no iphone. damn.

hope fring comes to the app store aswel or the new phone will be able to be jeailbroken because i loved fring. so much im going to start a thread on it.

10. danish1542 macrumors member

Yeah sold my freakin iPhone on eBay and got good money for it, and thought I made the right move, but come to find out that there are still people out there willing to pay more for an old used iphone then a new 3G one will cost. Damn it.

11. SleepyHead157 macrumors regular

LMAO i remember a few months back, my friend gave me the Sprint deal and i was getting pissed off at ATT for the Iphone charges I kept getting cuz of the data and i had just gotten my car and I was trying to save some money. i got the sprint sero with a motorola Q, OMG i wanted to shoot myself after giving up my iphone. Luckily I sold my Iphone for 500 Unlocked, and then returned Sprint phone within 30 days, and sprint actually gave me back 500+ ( i paid 150 for the Q), so i wasnt about to complain. lol They gave me a rebate of 350, when i didnt even stay with them for 30 days, cancelled on day 28.) Thank god i got the iphone back. ATT just kept all my info and let me have my account back. I would rather spend the 15 bucks extra a month and not have to deal with those other things ppl call smart phones

12. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

i sld mine a couple hours after the keynote for 250 cash.. i have some sony phone now that sucks! i hate it, i miss my iphone!

13. kyen1 macrumors member

I don't think I could part with my iPhone. I use it every day as my phone, my iPod, my calendar, my notes, my portable email and IM device...even as my alarm clock every morning.

I have used Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and Samsung and can never go back. They have some decent phones...but only iPhone is iPhone.

14. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I sold mine for $370 the night before the keynote.
    I was ecstatic to find out I'd be getting a better phone with twice the storage and making $70 off the deal, but I don't know how I'm going to last another 4 weeks with a Razr.

You have no idea how many times during the day I'll think to check my email and reach toward my pocket, or think to check the Yankees score, or think to check if I have next Thursday free, it's just... unbearable. I was so close to driving to the AT&T store and just trying to get a better moderately priced phone to hold me over. But honestly, I think anything less than the iPhone might be worthless.

15. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I am not in the same boat, but can certainly empathize to a certain extent.

I waited for the 3G phone ---refused to use EDGE, so was pretty disappointed when the 3G launch date was over a month away, and adding insult to injury, I going on vacation in less than a month and no iPhone!

I had to get a phone, and luckily scored one of CL for a sweet deal. i get it today, and I don't think I could imagine going almost a month without it. Still on the fence about 3G (ugly plastic back) but I know that I am going to love, love my new iPhone.

Jude