Without regard for internals, which iPhone design do you prefer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miamialley, Sep 11, 2011.

?

Without regard for internals, which iPhone design do you prefer?

1. Original iPhone

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. iPhone 3G/3GS

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. iPhone 4

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Without regard for internals, which iPhone design do you prefer? (of course "internals" includes screen resolution)

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

iPhone 4 all the way, absolutely love this phone.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Whilst all the iPhone's have their own perks, I would have to say I prefer the iPhone 4 overall because of how sleek and simple it looks. However, in terms of build quality the first gen is my favourite.

4. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Whilst I prefer the first gen design, I'd like it to be thinner like the current iPod Touch. I'm voting myself down for this post, as per my policy.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

It's okay, I voted you back up :)

Personally I think the current iPod touch is right at the threshold between perfect and too thin. Any thinner and I think it would feel cheap in hand.

6. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

I agree. The touch thinness is as thin as it can get...and I'd love it! But yeah, no thinner.

7. Snaaake! macrumors member

iPhone 4 glass design/lamination is amazing, although not great for an everyday phone. If I lived a posh live where I could carry it around all day without a case and never go anywhere to dirty it, I would love it anymore. But damn, does it get banged up more than any of the others.

8. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Would be so disappointed if there is no redesign on the iPhone this year.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

For just display - iPhone 4 <- Like fine china

For everyday real world abuse - iPhone (2G) <- More rugged

But honestly, I never bought the iPhone 4 mainly for looks. I just couldn't go back to the hardware of the first iPhone. And people can sometimes forget it is much easier to customize changing the back of the iPhone 4 and replace the battery unlike the original. I can easily buy a used iPhone 2G in usually great condition for $100 on Craigslist. But even if I actually thought it was the better-looking iPhone ever, I can never go back to one. Internally is what will bother me about it. That iPhone will just be used as a cheap loaner and I probably will rarely use it. The first iPhone was known to have DEAD STRIPS on the touchscreen. The original iPhone's saving grace is it isn't as slippery and the back isn't a fingerprint magnet like the last three. And it also came in a better looking box than the iPhone 4.

All iPhones haven't really changed that much. You can only so much with a slab design with a screen on it before it starts looking the same. From the front, the first three iPhones all looked the same. Two generations (2008/2009) looked exactly the same from front and back. And if you have a case on the 4, it won't look any different from a distance.

[​IMG]

10. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I hate the edges of the iPhone 4. I love the rounded feel in my hand of the 3G/s.

11. aztooh macrumors 6502a

x Infinity