wll 2gigs of data be enough?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Itsmorowind, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Itsmorowind macrumors member

OFF OF WIFI I will probably stream about an hour of online radio. half an hour of youtube or netflix. and probably an hour of internet browsing/facebook a day. Everything else will be on wifi.

Will the 2g data play from Verizon I purchased be enough?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Probably not. Streaming and 2GB data caps don't play well together.

Can't you see what you use now?

3. NoHo macrumors 6502

Most likely no.

I use that sort of stuff and I use between 1.5gb and 5gb a month. I'm on unlimited tho so I don't really think about it. Use WiFi whenever you have a chance. Don't want to chance going over. That would suck.

I'm SO glad I didn't bite at the save $5 a month by getting rid of your data plan crap AT&T pulled. Now that there's iCloud and other streaming services, the peace of mind that comes with no having to watch what I do with my phone is worth that extra bit of cash.

4. Itsmorowind thread starter macrumors member

No, I can't see what I use now. I have a very old blackberry and don't really use it for anything other than texting/calling. I guess it will have to do because I can't afford anything more haha. times are tough

----------

If 2g ended up not being enough for me would I be able to go in mid-contract and up it o 5g?

5. NoHo macrumors 6502

Yeah, you should. Without a problem.

Data is going to be so expensive for people who aren't on unlimited plans. This could get ugly.

6. iSkier macrumors regular

Yeah I think it's so dumb AT&T users can't do unlimited anymore

7. Itsmorowind thread starter macrumors member

I really wanted to go with sprint(for the unlimited data), but their coverage in my area is pretty ****.

Other than that, i'm a new customer so I don't have any "grandfathered" unlimited plans... you just can't get em' anymore I guess...