wma converter

andriella

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I am looking for a program to convert some .wma files I have to mp3. Since I only have a few files, I don't want to buy anything. So far my searches have only lead to demos that will only let me convert 30 seconds worth, or something equally un-useful.

Any suggestions?

dwishbone

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
On the Moon
cant iTunes convert WMA now? or is that just on the PC side of things. not sure since i avoid WMA like the plague.
im sure there are free things out there, but my brief search didnt turn up any.
it will probably be much easier if you can find a friend with a PC and do it. there are tons of apps for PC that support both formats.

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
you should be able to use quicktime and convert wma's into aiff files and then use itunes to convert those aiff files into mp3's or aac's. its just an extra step that you have to do...

jklara

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
Florida
I went into Quicktime - huh???

Opened up my wma in Quicktime player. No options to convert. Am I missing something? I don't mind having to take an extra step :) Also, tried downloading a free program called "switch" found it under wma converter for mac in google. I couldn't get it to work but it was free, and maybe somebody else can.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Windows iTunes can definitely convert WMA, I did so a few days ago. How about the OSX iTunes?

jklara

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
Florida
Downloaded Flip4Mac- no luck for free

I downloaded Flip4Mac-- free. You have to pay for the converting part. Plus, once I installed it the uninstaller wouldn't work. Unless you want to pay-- not an option.