WMA files....how do I download and change to MP3

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iaddict, Jan 29, 2009.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

Okay, I just got a digital voice recorder. It records in WMA format. How can I download it to my computer and then transfer to iTunes in a useable format like MP3? I'm new to all this so I need lots of help, please?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

The Windows version of iTunes will convert from WMA to MP3. The OSX version wont though.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you are using iTunes on Windows it'll do it for you however iTunes of OSX won't do it. For Mac users you can download this application and get it done.

Edit: Sorry to echo the above statement. I took longer to type. I wasn't trying to be a douche.
    But still, check that link for mac users.

4. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

+1 for Switch. It is a great format converter, and you will be real happy with it. It works for all sorts of stuff, even the really obscure stuff, which is awesome. The link to their actual website: LINK

5. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

I appreciate the help. I also found something called EasyWMA, which by the looks of it works well with Olympus voice recorded files. Has anyone tried this and does it work as well as Switch?

6. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

Wma to mp3

I dunno if this is exactly what ou want but Microsoft makes this flip4mac thing. It kinda works with quicktime. For videos and stuff(i know you didnt ask) but I have to put in a plug for isquint. A really great program for converting youtubes,avis, just about anything to ipod,iphone whatever. I never tried it with sound files.

7. jive turkey macrumors 6502

I used EasyWMA and it has always worked perfectly. I can't compare it to Switch as I have never tried that app.

8. pdjudd macrumors 601

Microsoft Does not make, develop, or sell Flip4Mac. Telestream is a separate company. They have nothing to do with Microsoft directly. Their only connection is a Link of MS website when you try to download the obsolete Windows Media Player for Mac. Microsoft is simply referring another companies products - something they do regularly.