wma files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jpbrown, Dec 11, 2009.

1. jpbrown macrumors newbie

hi, im posting to see if i can get a bit of info regarding a problem im having with downloading a wma file. the file is a cd i ve uploaded to media fire, i only got my mac a couple of days ago so i had originally uploaded the cd with a laptop and never had any problems downloading it with that, but now when i download the file which is a 60 minute long cd ( the mac is saying its a binary file) its downloading it with java script and when i try to pic another app (like itunes) to open it with its just not working. all im trying to do is get the file to play, could any one help me out here??

i would greatly appreaciate it..
    JP Brown

2. elitesouth macrumors member

elitesouth

Mediafire uses tricky redirection and dynamic link generation to avoid people hotlinking (directly linking) to files stored on their server. As a result, there are times when it looks like you're downloading a PHP or other file, when in reality you're downloading the file you want. It's odd.

Download the file to your desktop, and once it's completed downloading, see if it turns into a WMA file for you.

3. jpbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, thanks for the reply but ive tried to save it to the desktop and its not letting me save it there. its letting me save it to i tunes but when i look at the download box it looks like an empty file and is an empty file, its very odd. is there another known music software out there for macs that can read these files, its just ive a load of music uploaded to mediafire and i would be gutted if i couldnt access all my files...

4. elitesouth macrumors member

elitesouth

Whenever I try to watch any media that's Windows encoded: WMV, WMA, et al, I use an all-in-one application called VLC - just download the latest version, drag to your Applications folder, and open (really) any media file you have and it'll most likely play.

What's the mediafire link if you don't mind me asking? I can see what I can do from my end and try to help you out. If you don't want to disclose the link, that's okay too. :)