WMA to MP3 converters for OSX.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coolurjets, May 5, 2007.

1. coolurjets macrumors newbie

Are there any decent freeware WMA to MP3 conversion software for OSX availible? Google didnt seem to be able to throw up anything and For some reason iTunes OSX does not convert in house like iTunes for windows does.

Cheers

2. coolurjets thread starter macrumors newbie

3. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Is there any software out there that will convert MP3 to WMA? I haven't been able to find any at VersionTracker or other such internet sites. I need to do this because the LG VX8300 cell phone seems to be most compatable with WMA. Verizon says you have to use Media Player to download songs onto the phone. Any help with this, and any information on using phones as music players, would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. mintlivedotcom macrumors regular

5. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

You can use Flip4Mac's WMV Studio Pro ($49) to convert to Windows Media.

I just converted a test file, and it works fine. Windows Media Player recognizes it as a valid WMA file. Note that Flip4Mac's default is to create .WMV files, you will have to rename it to .WMA in the finder.

Is your phone a PlaysForSure device? The product page doesn't specify. It does however say that you need Windows Media Player 10 and the USB cable. You will probably have to use Windows to do the syncing - but at least you can use your Mac to do the converting! :)

6. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Thanks Plasticparadox. I will check out WMV Studio Pro. T

The manual for the LG VX8300 phone says you must use WMA format and it is not compatable with Mac OS X. I think they are referring to syncing using a USB cable to the phone directly. But I was able to copy MP3 music files that came from CDs that I downloaded onto my G3 imac (OS X 4.9). The only problem is that I can't get the MP3 files to copy to the micro SD card in a card reader plugged into my imac's USB, but can copy them to a flash drive, and then move these files to my Mac Pro at work and then copy them to the same card/reader. Strange why I can copy to the card/reader on the work Mac but not my home Mac ...

Thanks again for your guidance.

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Thanks, ive been wanting to know this same thing.