WMV to DV, What's the best software?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrpeepers, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mrpeepers macrumors regular

I have VisualHub and I've been trying to convert WMV to DV and most conversions have worked just fine, with the exception of 2, and the audio gets jacked up, so I'm wondering if there is an alternate better piece of software out there that will get the job done. Any recommendations?

When I watch the WMV files they're great and the audio is just fine and syncs up perfectly, but after the conversion to DV, via VisualHub, the audio is mashed in placed and with some frames its not supposed to be on.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I have no experience with VisualHub, but you might try Flip4Mac's "Pro" WMV codec--I've successfully used it to transcode files from WMV to other formats without issue. Note that while it's a QT component, it can transcode into anything QT can export, which of course includes DV, and I've done exactly that with it.

Although it's not free like their playback-only codec (the one financed by MS in place of their own player), I found it worth the $29. There's a free trial, so you can test if it's going to handle your files before you pay, too.

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_playerpro.htm

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What about MPEGStreamclip?

EDIT: The site appears to be down right now, but macupdate should have it too.