WMV won't play...HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kauaiboy75, Dec 31, 2008.

1. kauaiboy75 macrumors newbie

I recently downloaded a WMV file from a website only to have it not work! For some reason, it wont play in anything! I've tried quicktime, flip4mac, vlc, itunes, and divx player...NOTHING WORKS! The only program that will open the file is vlc but even then, it wont have audio and the screen is all different colors (see photo)

does anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If both VLC and Flip4Mac fail, it's probably a problem with the file itself...

3. MusicallySilent macrumors member

Try redownloading it (maybe it corrupted) and use VLC again.

4. kauaiboy75 thread starter macrumors newbie

where would i find the hack for this program? all the sites i go to says u have to pay $23 for it??

5. finnschi macrumors 6502

Is Visual hub not Open source now? Well whatever, if the file doesent play, it could either be a coruppted Codec , or a coruppted File, i would just clean all other codecs like Flip4mac and perian, and reinstall them ! :apple:

And Don't forget , Reboot your mac :eek: :cool: :apple:

Happy new year, if you are in est

6. finnschi macrumors 6502

and i don't know if i am allowed to say this, if not please delete:
    ... Serial Box:apple:.......KcnScrew..:p...bay of Pirates....... :eek: Nova of the min.:D...or MSJ........ and of course gidf.de :rolleyes:

7. kauaiboy75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, but still....no luck. I'm coming to the conclusion that maybe the file is just bad, which sucks because I'm not sure I'll be able to get it again! :(

8. kauaiboy75 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha yeah it still didn't work which kinda sucks. but thanks again for your suggestions and for the link ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR!

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The file type might be wmv, but you might not have the codec used installed.

I've found quite a few typically used to compress the movie that don't work.

10. kauaiboy75 thread starter macrumors newbie

so im guessing its true....i tried to redownload the file, but still no luck. it still wont play even if i try to convert it to a different type of file. does anyone have any more suggestions?