WMWare Fusion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ferrarofilms, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ferrarofilms macrumors member

Since I am still in the crossover to Mac I need to make many editing on Vegas/Windows. At the beginning I started working with Bootcamp, shutting down Mac and starting up Win, no problem to recognize all the drives connected to the computer, since editing files are big and there is no room in a 32GB partition. Cons: you have to switch from one to the other shutting down the machine.
    Recently I purchased WMWare Fusion and after some troubles because the partition was not made under it it started to work for Win. The great problem: it only recognizes the drive "C", the one where the system is installed. Every other drive connected is ignored.
    Is this normal?
    Is there a way to be able to read external units?
    Do I have to make the partition again under WMWare? Would this work?
    If not, this software is a joke....
    Thanks

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

With VMware Fusion and Parallels, you have to capture CD/DVDs, USB drives and shared folders.

After you launch VMware Fusion, go to the Virtual Machine menu, and at the bottom you will see some options for these devices.

Under Settings, under the same menu, you can set the defaults and control the shared folders.