Wo where do you guys see apple taking ios 5? Small update or something big?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stirolak123, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

2. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i ope for a major revamp. there are numerous threads here pointing out weaknesses of iOS and some of them will be addressed. Notifications for sure, I expect a better multitasking and app switching UI (like WebOS), copy paste throughout the system. However there will be no change in the general concept of a locked down simplified limited system. So no file system accessible for all users and such.

3. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I don't know what they're thinking or what the could do but I think it will definitely be something big. Hopefully we'll get a revamped notification system. And maybe somewhere in the future we'll be able to download content via safari. I know it's all about the security but Apple does a fine job, our Macs are exposed to the full internet and they typical run perfect. (And some better SMS tones damnit! :p)

4. zenio macrumors 6502

I'm more concerned about what Apple does about the iPhone.

Will they be lazy, boast about their huge sales figures, and give us a warmed over model?

Or will they put out some effort and build the world class iPhone they're capable of?

If it's the latter, it will restore my faith in Apple, if not it may be time to think hard about remaining such a loyal customer.

5. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

iOS needs a pretty big revamp, or they need to release a specialized iOS for iPads. The old cell-phone OS will just not be enough for something as powerful as an iPad 2.

6. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I've said this before but....

Being the tech lover/geek that I am, I'm even surprising myself by saying so because I love new (Apple) products as much as the next... but I feel that the iPhone 4 is such a grounded and substantial device that I really wouldn't mind if they waited until next summer and made iPhone 5 a major upgrade.