woah u guys are rite underneath the macbook GETS STEAMY

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
374
9
despite the 10000 F temps underneath the macbook all the components are safe from overheating/sytem unstabilty/melting anything from that correct?
 

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
3,342
2
Washington, DC
ok, 2 complaints, then I'm done for the night.

1) Do we REALLY need another thread for this?

2) ware dud u lern tu spel?

Apple wouldn't release a product that would melt in your lap and not in your hand.
 

mini.boss

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
59
0
MovieCutter said:
Apple wouldn't release a product that would melt in your lap and not in your hand.
Oh please. So youre saying apple is happy with the heat disappation and the new reputation theyve gotten from the MB and MBP's?
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
mini.boss said:
Oh please. So youre saying apple is happy with the heat disappation and the new reputation theyve gotten from the MB and MBP's?
he's using what some people in the world call sarcasm:rolleyes:;)
 

mini.boss

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
59
0
wmmk said:
he's using what some people in the world call sarcasm:rolleyes:;)
Wait, so if you claim thats "sarcasm" then his point is that Apple actually would release a product that would melt in your lap and not in your hand?

Maybe you need to look up what "sarcasm" is before you lecture people on it. If anything then its just a lame joke.
 

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
MovieCutter said:
ok, 2 complaints, then I'm done for the night.

1) Do we REALLY need another thread for this?

2) ware dud u lern tu spel?

Apple wouldn't release a product that would melt in your lap and not in your hand.
I really don't think his spelling is bad. He misspelled "whoa," I mean so what. He should have written instability instead of unstability, and technically you spell the word "right" not "rite." But I mean really: it's the Internet! People short-hand all the time.
 

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
3,971
136
California
Yes you must spell correctly on here THE INTERNETS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

He got his point across, so who cares? Anyway, no you have nothing to worry about. While it is a bit hot, it won't melt or anything like that so don't worry.
 

harisdmac

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2006
46
0
Alag28 said:
despite the 10000 F temps underneath the macbook all the components are safe from overheating/sytem unstabilty/melting anything from that correct?
just install the new firmware upgrade that apple released for MacBooks. It will cool your macbook 10-15 oC or maybe more, so you wont have to worry abt it melting (that would never happen in any case) and it will also let you to use it on your lapps.
 

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
374
9
reason being for my bad spelling is because im getting used to the macbook keyboard...and like u guys said im a big fan of short hand typing....so there u go mr 2nd post whiner!!....and thanks for the responces guys hopefully this heat is what apple exactly intended.
 

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
It's not that hot....not any hotter than 90% of the PCs, and it's close to the heat a Powerbook/iBook put out.
 

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
12,255
1,333
Alag28 said:
and thanks for the responces guys hopefully this heat is what apple exactly intended.
Like harisdmac said, run the SMC Firmware update. It changes how the fans run and the end result is that your MacBook should be a fair bit cooler.
 

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
374
9
aristobrat said:
Like harisdmac said, run the SMC Firmware update. It changes how the fans run and the end result is that your MacBook should be a fair bit cooler.
where do i go to run the SMC Firmware update? and also where can i go to review my previous updates on the computer?
 

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
Alag28 said:
where do i go to run the SMC Firmware update? and also where can i go to review my previous updates on the computer?
Apple menu --> Software update