Wobbly air caused by uneven feet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by daonesteven, Apr 24, 2012.

1. daonesteven macrumors 6502

I've seen a few topics on this in the past, but I just noticed mine has this issue as well. My left front feet is slightly higher than the rest about a couple millimeters or so and causes my mba to rock a bit when I place my wrists on that corner. I've tested this on several surfaces and determined that for the most part, I've seen the same symptoms. Any ideas if this is an actual defect on the bottom plate due to warpage or if it's a common problem that is caused by uneven tightening of the screws? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a pentalobe to figure this out since I don't really have the time/luxury to get to the closest Apple Store...

2. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Do you have any kind of cover on the bottom of the unit? Like iCarbons? I had 1 air that did that, and the cover was causing the issue. Just figure out which foot isn't flat on the surface, and put a small square of electrical tape on the foot which isn't on the surface. Worked well for me, and you cant see the tape once applied to the foot.

3. daonesteven thread starter macrumors 6502

I do not have any cover or anything on the bottom. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into it if there isn't a more permanent solution.

4. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

My bottom was creaky and I had Apple reseat it and this exact thing then happened to mine. I just put a little force on it to "bend" or "Flex" it back the bit it needed to fix mine.
    Just be careful if you try this

5. daonesteven thread starter macrumors 6502

yea i just decided to learn to deal with it, i just basically reseat my laptop on a portion of a desk where it won't wobble as much. Thanks for all the suggestions!

6. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

How old is the MBA? I took it back to Apple and got an exchange when mine did this