WOBBLY SCREEN, DISCONCERTING

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RUGGLES99, Aug 9, 2015.

1. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

I picked up a base model today and will be taking it back tomorrow/ I started typing in Word on a desktop and couldn't believe how wobbly and shaky the screen was. I just couldn't concentrate. It was like the rmb. had some kind of nervous disorder. I wanted the rmb mainly for writing, love the retina, like the keyboard. I also noticed that when pressing the trackpad, the body was slightly bending. I'm not sure if this was a bad one off the assembly line, or its SOP because its so thin. I'll hold off now until the next version and see how it goes. BTW, if this means anything, but the sales guy said it's going to drop by $100 for Black Friday and Xmas. And that one or two major resellers are going to be offering package deals at reduced prices.

2. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

I think you got a bad one off the line because I'm typing up this post on my base model rMB and don't have any issues with the screen wobbling at all. Also have not noticed anything with the body bending when using the trackpad.

I've seen places like Best Buy offer discounts on rMBPs and MBAs all the time, so I don't think them dropping the price by $100 for a Black Friday sale is an indication of anything except "Hey people like sales. If we discount it just a bit for Black Friday, they'll fly off the shelves!" which is the mindset that most major companies have around these big purchasing days.

3. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

I don't have such issues too. How hard did you press the trackpad? Most probably you had a lemon. Go and try another unit at the apple store and I am sure your experience will be somewhat different. However, in any case, it may be good to wait for the second version to be released as I am sure Apple would ave ironed out some of the other kinks.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

I experimented with 2 different rMB in the Apple store and both show the wobbly screen. it is really annoying if you are trying to read as you type.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I don't have this issue but I've seen people in my Local Apple Store thundering down on the keys and they basically simulated your issue. How the hell someone can type in that manner for any length of time is beyond me!

6. brookter1 macrumors member

I'm a touch typist and I don't find any problems at all with a 'wobbly' screen, when the rMP is on a flat surface. None.

It's a different matter when I'm typing on my lap, of course, but that's probably me that's wobbling rather than the screen.

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Are you certain the surface it was set on was perfectly flat? My screen has no 'lash' at all at any position, but it is very sensitive to being placed on a perfectly flat surface and could certainly wobble if it's not. However, that's the entire device wobbling, not the screen.

8. mainframe_module macrumors newbie

mainframe_module

i have done a lot of typing on mine, both on my lap on the lounge and at a desk and have not noticed this at all, although it IS looser/easier to reposition than my MBA was - definitely not this loose!

I'd say take it back.