Wobbly spacebar on plastic wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JuceDrink, Jul 2, 2008.

1. JuceDrink macrumors newbie

I recently purchased the plastic apple wireless keyboard at a garage sale knowing that the spacebar felt loose.

I initially thought the plastic hinges that hold the stablizer bar in place were broken so I could be able to glue them back but it turns out the bar isn't even there.

Would it be possible to take the bar from another keyboard and swap it in?
    Would I be able to take it to the genius bar so they could work their magic (at little to no cost to me) considering where I bought it?

note: when i enter the serial number to check the warrenty it says it's invalid but that's nothing new http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7108903

2. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I'd take a wild guess and say no.

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

So this is the keyboard revision previous to the current wireless keyboard?

I have this keyboard and regularly take out all the keys to clean out all the gunk that gets in there. It is possible that you could change the spacebar with another identical keyboard, but my guess is that something is broken so when you change the spacebar, the problem will continue. I will not change to the new apple wireless keyboard because I do not like the design. Reminds me of the G3 iMac keyboards with no number pad.

4. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I had some reservations, but it's lovely and slim. And as the dude from Roughly Drafted mentioned, it's not a zoo for gunk and crumbs anymore.

It does feel a bit smaller, I do miss the odd key with my finger, but overall it's an ace upgrade.

5. JuceDrink thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed it.

i dont have to worry about junk in my keyboard because i have alopecia and anorexia

6. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I always knew these conditions were misunderstood. They do have serious benefits!