Wobbly TwelveSouth BookArc (video included)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JTToft, May 8, 2015.

1. JTToft macrumors 68040

So I just got home with the TwelveSouth BookArc, opened it, installed by cMBP in it, and noticed it's quite able to move about. It doesn't fit very snugly.

Is this normal?

To clarify, it's the BookArc v2 that comes with an insert for rMBPs. I am using the standard larger insert that's supposed to fit cMBPs. It happens irrespective of how I position it (vent down, vent up, base towards TS logo, lid towards TS logo).

Video

2. dyn macrumors 68030

My Arc for the MBA does the same thing and is normal. The Arc isn't that high (I guestimate it's 1~1.5 cm at its highest point) and the notebook fits in a bit loose so you can easily insert/grab it. Just put the notebook in and leave it, it'll be fine.

3. dspilman macrumors newbie

dspilman

I have the book arc for my 15" Retina MBP. I'm using the designated insert for the retina version. My is much more secure then the video you posted. Not sure why the big difference. But mine only moves back and forth about 1/4" or so. TwelveSouth is a pretty good company, I'd contact them and see what they say. I've had good customer service experiences with them in the past. Good luck!

4. Ray2 macrumors 6502a

Mine wobbles as well with an rMBP. At first, quite a bit. I pulled the rubber and put it in backwards and it tightened it up a bit. For me it's fine as it's not noticeable. However I was surprised they could not get a more secure fit with the product it's designed for.

5. JTToft thread starter macrumors 68040

- I am, too. If this is indeed normal for the cMBPs, I'll be returning it for a refund. It's just not good enough for such an expensive product.