Woe-is-Mac

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kriista1234, Oct 12, 2010.

1. kriista1234 macrumors regular

Who's going to put out a working Mac version first, GP or LR?

2. palckofv macrumors regular

3. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I'm with ya. At lease my jailbreakme.com jailbreak is working wonderfully, at least I have something.

4. palckofv macrumors regular

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

It would be nice to have a Mac version, but I think I'll give it a try tonight with Win7 on VMWare Fusion tonight.

*crosses fingers*

6. kriista1234 thread starter macrumors regular

Man, I REALLY don't want to have to setup windows, just to do a jailbreak. I hardly have any HD space as it is!

Did anyone try the GP Mac version while it was up earlier today?

7. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

I was unable to get it working in Fusion with XP, have read parallels works with XP.

Not sure about W7

8. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

No, but they wouldn't have pulled it if it was working properly.

9. PlanetarySoup macrumors member

PlanetarySoup

A working Mac version of Limera1n should be out sooner than the Greenp0ison one.....just be patient, its coming!

10. rrider77 macrumors newbie

I have tried several times with parallel and xp and it just doesn't work for me. It will not give me the green droplet. The program say the phone was jailbroken at the end. But it always boots back into the apple screen.

11. kriista1234 thread starter macrumors regular

I hope so.

I just decided I was going to install windows on my laptop just to JB only to realize that I don't have a windows XP CD anymore!

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but the Linux version is up. Anyway to compile it in OS X?

13. kriista1234 thread starter macrumors regular

Bah, surely there are more mac users than linux ones!

14. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

you would think that gp would be ready with their program since all they did was swap the exploits

15. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Not without the source code. Just checked the download, only a binary.

16. Flyinb macrumors member

Parallels Win 7 works great you just need to make sure you install itunes first, then plug in your phone so it can connect to the VM but dont let it sync. If you get pop up boxes asking to continue to use usb just click yes.

Make sure you follow the screens on Limera1n regarding power buttons, when it says let go of power do so, but dont let go of home until it says its complete.

You need to 4.1 first. Also if you want to keep the 1.59 baseband use Tinyumbrella to save your ssh. The upgrade through itunes on Mac, once it upgrades you will get an error from itunes and iphone will be stuck in DFU this is because of the baseband. Then go to Tinyumbrella and kick it out of DFU.

Then Limera1n in windows and have fun. Cydia has been having issues but only because high traffic.

Questions just PM me

17. rrider77 macrumors newbie

I had a question on how you stop it from syncing. Do you no if anyone was successful with win xp. I tried several times but I will try the way you did it. Thanks for the advice

18. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Anyway to compile it in Ubuntu even?
    Someone asked @p0sixninja what dependencies it had and he responded: zlib, libcurl, libusb-1.0 and Qt4

Not sure if that means anything as I was poking around the binary and all that is in there is greenpios0n_x86 and greenpois0n_x64. No readme not even a .configure. As you can tell, I'm a linux n00b.