wohoo no dead pixels

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Acorn, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

bought a new unibody today. I was sweating like a pig the whole way home hoping that I wouldnt get a dead or stuck pixel. Im always so scared that it will end up having a stuck green pixel or stuck red pixel right smack in the middle of the screen. just enough to aggravate the living crap out of you every time you turn it on.

plus i was reading all kinds of horror stories of people having to bring their macbook back 2 sometimes 3 times just to get a good screen.

anyone have to swap out their macbook because of a pixel issue. how bad was it. color location?

2. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

That's great! Did you check for slanted keys, dust under the screen, or a loose battery cover?

3. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

no loose battery cover. i tried tipping the keyboard at an angle. i dont see anything unusual. if its that subtle that i cant even see what im looking for then i dont care :)

screen looks great. no dust or anything that i can see. didnt get it from a mac store either got it from best buy

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

You know, it doesn't have to have a problem...

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Umm... those problems were fixed long time ago already. If you get a unibody now, you won't have any of those problems.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Congrats?

Laptops aren't supposed to come with issues :p

7. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Over the years, I've had a ton of computers with LCD screens: iMac G5, iMac Aluminum, PowerBook G4, MacBook, MacBook Aluminum, Dell Inspiron, a home built computer with a Viewsonic LCD...

I've never had a stuck or dead pixel. I guess I'm lucky or just don't pay that much attention to detail (unlikely).

8. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I had dust under the screen of my new unibody

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

hmm... well my replacement was perfect and we haven't seen any of these "slanted keys" or "dust under the screen" threads for 2 months+ already.

When did you buy yours?