Woke up and Iphone is in Recovery Mode?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tguard50, Oct 31, 2010.

1. tguard50 macrumors newbie

So my phone was absolutely fine before going to bed. I woke up this morning and it's stuck on a black screen, completely unresponsive. I plugged the USB cord into it from my computer and it gets recognized by my pc. ITunes says it has recognized a phone in recovery mode and i must restore it to use with ITunes?

What the hell happened? Is there any way I can kick it out of recovery mode without having to restore? I'm using windows 7 x64 so recboot didn't work...

Thanks.

2. Nordichund macrumors 6502

Try holding down both the power button and the home screen button at the same time for up to 30 seconds. Hopefully that will work. Good luck

3. mike9285 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me. Yesterday I was playing a game and I turned off the screen. After that the phone wouldn't turn back on. I plugged it into my mac and iTunes said it was in recovery mode. I somehow got it to boot and it was working fine before I went to sleep, but when I woke up this morning it was back in recovery mode again.

Any ideas?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Get it into DFU mode and restore, preferably setup as new.

5. mike9285 macrumors newbie

I already tried that. It gives me an error 34 after trying to verify the restored phone and asks me to restore again. It looks like I"m going to have to hit the apple store.

6. heowikki macrumors newbie

This morning mine started just hard resetting itself. Doesn't matter the app, etc. I just updated my facebook app last night...is that it?