iPhone Woke up, Searching network loop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oplix, Apr 8, 2013.

1. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

I woke up this morning to a Searching... loop on my iphone 5 32gb ATT. Even if I take the sim card out it still says Searching... I tried network reset, disable search for signal in private options and it's not working.

I suspect some Cydia package might have done something. Anyone else have a problem like this before?

2. ja2ed macrumors member

I am on the same boat as you. I have a iPhone 5 64 GB Verizon phone (iOS 6.1). I had not one problem when the phone came out, then after jailbreaking about a month later or so right when 6.1.3 released I have found my phone randomly at times searching for network and losing signal to no service. I have searched this issue and from what I read people have said this was a common issue before jailbreak. Restoring obviously has been one of my last options. It's not as bad as it used to be. I am considering doing what some one posted about using the mobile terminal. If you find a resolution keep me posted.

3. oplix thread starter macrumors 65816

oplix

what post about using mobile terminal?

My issue isn't intermittent. It's stuck at searching.

4. ja2ed macrumors member

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1567240

Oh well yours doesn't change any? Did you try using iCleaner. I have cleaned it ones or twice and toggled the airplane mode on and off a few times and also reset my network settings it seemed to work a few times.

5. oplix thread starter macrumors 65816

oplix

6. ja2ed macrumors member

7. oplix thread starter macrumors 65816

oplix

didnt work guess last resort is losing jailbreak and updating to 6.1.3

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

boot up holding the volume up key, this will disable all tweaks. to make sure you've done this correct, try and use your tweaks (for example, SBSettings). if it doesn't work, then you've properly booted up with mobilesubstrate disabled

now see if you can get signal, if you can, then that confirms it is a tweak causing this problem and you could uninstall all tweaks you think could be affecting this. if it still doesn't work, then it's not the jailbreak's problem. it could either be carrier problem sided or your phone.

is it stuck on searching only at your house or everywhere?

9. ja2ed macrumors member

Weird I don't what's wrong with that. Did all your cydia tweaks delete and everything?

10. ja2ed macrumors member

So let me ask you this. I completely deleted everything from cydia like the video shows and I still some how lose signal and service right away from the start when everything is deleted. When I do your method and load the phone up to disable every tweak I have no issue what other option do I have left?

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Open up cydia, and list ALL the packages you have installed. I hope you did not delete the packages you shouldn't have

12. ja2ed macrumors member

Big boss icon set
    Cydia installer
    Cydia translations
    Evasi0n 6.0-6.1.2 untethered jailbreak
    Icleaner (I just installed it it seemed to help with my issue)
    OpenSSH
    repo cydia setup

I didn't manually delete anything that video show and does everything for you.

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Installing iCleaner fixes your problem in getting signal?

14. ja2ed macrumors member

Using Icleaner usually helps. From what I can see. Do you have any other idea?

15. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

Happened on my iPhone 4S. I was jailbroken on iOS 5.1. I unjailbroke my phone restore to 6.1. Interestingly unjailbreaking my phone didnt fix the issue. i brought into the Apple store and they tried to blame it on water damage.

They said water damage is covered under the Apple 1 year warranty but my phone was no longer under warranty so I sold my phone on amazon to some poor guy for $350

16. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

what do you do using icleaner to make your phone be able to connect again?

17. ja2ed macrumors member

It's not that my phone loses signal all day. It's just random times for a split second then it gets it signal back. I just run icleaner using the basic settings.

----------

This has for to be something with my jailbreak because I have not had one problem yet when I load the phone disabling my tweaks.