Wolf ET on Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Maury, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Maury macrumors 6502

I've looked over some of the threads here, but none of them seem to be the exact problem I'm having.

I downloaded 2.60C and installed and PB. I then downloaded the etmain from the web site and moved it to the proper folder. Am I done at that point? Or am I missing a step (or five)?

Anyway, launch goes into the screen fade, then the entire screen turns blue, and I'm kicked out with a crash.

Original MacPro, 4870, 10.7.3

2. ahgough macrumors newbie

Hi Maury,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I had the same problem and it took a little digging around, but I managed to get it to work.

Try 2.60d, rather than 2.60c. Follow the links and instructions here: http://roaringapps.com/app:494

When you create the autoexec.cfg file, use terminal or editra. If you use TextEdit, it'll include all sorts of unwanted formatting. http://editra.org/download

I've attached my CFG, but had to add the .txt extension so I could upload it. Just remove the .txt and save it to your etmain folder.

Here are the lines I used in my autoexec.cfg file:

set r_fullscreen "0"
    seta r_colorbits "32"
    set r_allowExtensions 0

I hope this helps!

Attached Files:

3. evilgreg macrumors regular

evilgreg

Wow, people still play this game? I used to be obsessed back in the day and now this thread is giving me the itch to download it again...

4. softypolimer macrumors member

Wolf ET was my favorite at the the time. It was (and still) the best fully free team-based online game for mac.

I like the old FPS game that does not focus too much on the realism but instead, fill with lots of content and fast-pace gameplay. Wolfenstein series have it all. I still play Return to Castle Wolfenstein times to times up until a I upgraded to Lion.

Anybody know how to ass bots in this game? I wold like to play this game offline if I could