Wolfenstein; Anybody Play It Yet?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by merc669, Aug 18, 2009.

1. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Thinking about buying Wolfenstein for the PS3. Anybody have any first hand experience with it? Fun or Boring, etc? Thanks!

Bill....:apple:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Waiting to see review, and then i'll decide to get on 360 or PS3. I'm expecting 360 version to be better.....

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Cant wait for some in depth reviews. It looks pretty great! I'd rent it first on the 360.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I forgot about this. I own all the other Wolfenstein games so I probably should get it and see the story for the 3rd time around, and for the PC too.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

IGN reviewed it and awarded it 7.3 so its a good game, better than average, but not great......

I think I may save my €€ and skip it as I'm intent on buying Batman next week anyway..

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Batman is the only game I budget for so I'm going to pass on it for now.

Bless

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I bought my copy for $38 after tax. Got $15 off at Best Buy from to their Reward's thing and they gave me a $10 gift card back, so I'm happy. :)

I'm still working, so won't try it out until later tonight, but I've heard some bad things so far, like auto-aim being on by default and the game being a cakewalk. But it's Wolfenstein, so I was obligated to buy it... That and I'm bored.

It's fun. It's a typical FPS. I'm playing it on UBER mode and so far it's somewhat easy, and that's with the cheese that is auto-aim turned off. So hopefully it gets harder.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Bought it for 360.

It's pretty much PREY meets COD! It's just a good blaster, but nothing amazing.

Graphics are alright but not the best, cutscenes (pre-rendered ones) are ***** though.

9. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Yeah, just fun, but nothing special. It seems like they grabbed bits from every FPS in the past few years and shoved them into this game. The story is LAME! I'm about 30% through the game and it's still easy, but at least now I can't always just walk through a room full of Nazis and not worry about being killed.

The veil is cheese to me and some of the weapons are way too powerful. :S

The in game cutscenes are vomit. I recall when they were some sort of treat and actually looked way better than the game, not the other way around.