Wolfenstein ET problems

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rossag, Nov 29, 2007.

1. rossag macrumors newbie

Got a bit of a weird one here. I've downloaded every conceivable version of this game and currently have what I believe to be the latest universal version (2.60d).

I can download and open the file without any problems, and am able to move the folder to my games folder in applications. The problem is I can't even start it. If I try to launch the game, it will bounce, I'll get the games console up and it'll load stuff then disappear and if I have the sound up, I'll just get a constant 'popping' noise (like when a pop up tells you you're low on battery). This will just carry on until I force quit it.

I've tried everything and I have no idea what it is. Does anyone know about this problem?

Cheers

Ross

2. rossag thread starter macrumors newbie

My specs

Forgot to mention my specs:

Blackbook 2.2
    4GB of RAM
    Leopard 10.5.1

3. rossag thread starter macrumors newbie

4. denisvj macrumors regular

denisvj

Did you try to repair permissions ?

I had the same problem and repairing permissions solved it also left click over the folder and select "get info" and see if you can read/write to the folder.

Good luck .

:)

5. applekid macrumors 68020

Try deleting the preferences. I kind of remember having trouble with ET. At least I remember getting to the main menu though.

6. rossag thread starter macrumors newbie

Repair permissions

I tried repairing permissions but it didn't seem to work. I keep getting these two 'errors' on repair disk though:
    – Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GraphicsAppSupport.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QuartzComposer.framework", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x .
    – Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Any idea what that's about?

I took a look inside the Wolfenstein ET folder in my Application Support folder and it was empty? Surely it's meant to have something in? I am thinking that maybe I need to copy someone elses folder in there for it to work?

Thanks for your help

7. afaak macrumors newbie

8. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

9. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Game is crashing on OpenGL (graphics) requests. Curiously, on Carbon....

10. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

rossag, can you try this please:

Locate the Wolfenstein ET icon and Control+Click (or right click) and select Get Info. (alternatively click on the icon once and press Apple + I)

Under the general section, check the "Open using Rosetta"

Now try to run the game. Let me know if this works.

11. supericarus2 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Same problem here with wolfenstein 2.60d and macbook santarosa (2.2 GHz) with leopard. I have tried following the hint and forcing to open with rosetta but the crash (producing a sound) continues to occur. Any other suggestion?

supericarus

12. captainyesterda macrumors newbie

Yay I'm glad to see other people with the same problem- I had no idea where to look for help! I've got the same issue as Ross and no clue what to do. I'll keep working on a solution and hopefully one of us will figure something out. Btw Happy New Year all!

Tom

13. afaak macrumors newbie

If we all have SR macbook the problem might be in graphics card (drivers):confused: