wolfenstein et

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fireguy0994, Feb 1, 2010.

1. fireguy0994 macrumors newbie

Not sure if I am posting in the right area, but, all my research says the problem is osx. I have a macbook pro
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.18f5
    Serial Number (system): W8727128X94
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B639F2501
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

and a new imac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 MHz Ram

Both running 10.6.2 After a software update wolfenstein et crashes on startup. Both machines used to play without a hitch. All reading says it is a video card driver problem. Tried opening in a small window with no luck. My new Imac runs the game sometimes and after 1/2 our crashes. Nothing you I do can fix this problem. It may crash continually for a month and then will work again for 1/2 our etc...

Macbook pro crashes every time.

Is there a fix out there as this is the only game I like to consistently play online. My PC has no problems running the game, but, would prefer to play it on my mac. Help would be great or how do you notify someone from apple so they can fix the problem. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Crash logs are kept in: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/

You can see if there is a log associated with the game. It could give more details, though they tend to be a little cryptic. You can use messages in that log though to do some Google searches to find other people with the same problem. The Console app can also be used to check for certain messages after the crash, but often it just says a crash report log has been created.

3. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

Which version of ET are you playing? Do you have the new Universal Binary build? (2.60d)

Also, you may just need to delete your config file.