Wonder how many mark iPhone news negative because...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by drake, Sep 28, 2009.

1. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

they're tired of hearing about iPhones on a Mac forum. I'm guessing, a lot. :p

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I wonder why they don't just block that forum then. That's such a nice feature of this site! :)

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

When I go to www.MacRumors.com the top of my page says "Mac Rumors: Apple Mac Rumors and News You Care About". I emphasized the important part that may resolve your issue with BOLD.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

So many that we have an entry on it in our FAQ. :)

5. drake thread starter macrumors 6502a

drake

Interesting. What I see is MacRumors: news and rumors you care about. Nothing about Apple at all.
    :p

Oh...so why not start a separate site for iPhones and other Apple products that don't really relate to computers? I'm too lazy to wade through iPhone articles to find the real meat.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Many would argue that the iPhone (along with the iPod touch) is a computer. And just wait until the tablet hits. :)

It's very difficult to draw distinct lines in many cases, and this site has always been about all of Apple's products...it's just that it was mostly Mac back at the time the site was founded, and wherever Apple has gone, we've followed. We created the iPhone Blog here to put a fair amount of the iPhone-focused content there separate from other stories, but our front page is obviously a mix of the biggest day-to-day news.

arn has spun off a couple of other sites to feed the iPhone/iPod touch ecosystem: TouchArcade covers gaming on the iPhone platform, while AppShopper tracks information on all App Store applications.