Wonder if these wraps will fix the reception issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by reebs, Jun 30, 2010.

1. reebs macrumors 6502

reebs

2. clarke917 macrumors newbie

I am really interested as well but the price is a bit much for a glorified piece of tape. Then again, demand drives price so they could charge what they want at this point and people might still pay.

I've actually heard of people using scotch tape or electrical tape to help the problem.

What is everyone's experience?

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm going to do a before and after video using a skin on the sides. I'm pretty much 100% sure it will help.

4. lululalalee macrumors member

I ordered the etsy ones last night, it is a set of 3 for 9.99. Since I can't get a flipping bumper in a color that I want yet, hopefully these will help my reception issues.

5. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

You're going to have to make sure there's no uncovered edges of it's the shorting out antennae you're testing for. And TBH if it goes over the edge, it's going to peel or get damaged easily; if it doesn't, there'll still be metal exposed.
    Unless people particularly want a coloured tape, one of the BSE sets might be a better idea. Assuming for just one phone, it's a lesser overall spend for covering more surfaces.

6. splizaat macrumors member