Wonder what the pundits are saying now?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tofray, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Tofray macrumors regular

I hate to sound "neiner-neiner'ish", but I almost listened to all those overly-confident pundits (professional reviews and amateurs in this forum) who said there will either be 1) No lines today, 2) Plenty of stock available, or 3) You will be able to walk into the stores at 7pm and get an iPad GUARANTEED!

Thankfully, I didn't listen and decided to stand in line, so I was able to walk out with my sweet new iPad. I sure hope that the know-it-alls didn't convince too many people to wait or stay home, who would have otherwise stood in line for their luxury item.

2. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

Too late.

3. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Good for you Enjoy. Luckily for everyone else they can probable get one at a later date.

4. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, it took more than ignoring the naysayers - you also had to get lucky and pick the right place to stand in line. I could have arrived 24 hours early at my Target and they still would have gotten in zero units of the model I wanted and five of some other model nobody in line wanted.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

What better way to disprove the press' assertion that there'd be no lines than by ditching pre-orders and making everyone stand outside in line in the winter?

We can thank those pundits for goading Apple into turning the launch into a giant cattle herding photo op.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

The Apple line-ups hit the news everywhere ... Apple succeeds

7. iserian macrumors 6502

What is your point. There were pleanty of places to buy without a line. I waited in line for a total z e r o minutes and netted two Stevie's magical pad number twos.

8. Maaz macrumors 6502a

or even better, the people who were bragging about ordering online, well i have mine tonight and youll get yours sometime next week.