wonder when apple will announce 4.0 software for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeamDNA, Mar 19, 2010.

1. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

March 6th - 2.0 sotfware

march 17th- 3.0 software

is it likely they will announce something this month ?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Not sure. If they follow the trend, the event will be next week. Maybe they will wait until the last week of March. I guess the iPad has something to do with this. I'm sure they are prepping to make sure everything is in order for when it launches April 3rd.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

It's likely to happen after the iPad launch, if not later. 3.2 may be the OS of the next iPhone...

which would be disappointing.

4. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

They're just jumping straight to 5.0, in which the UI mirrors that of the Nexus One AND Droid combined

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I don't think 3.2 will b the os of the new iPhone..

But as I have stated in previous threads I think everything will be delayed a month or so because of the ipad..

Also, who knows. Apple may not do any betas or need that many betas. Maybe they want the changes to be a surprise. I don't believe there going to add any API's to the new software. If their adding multitasking. Do they really need a beta for that? If their going to add the ability for themes. I don't think a beta is needed. If you think about what we want added is all simple things. We are just so caught up with the 3 turning to 4.

6. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

It will probably be released tomorrow. Maybe Sunday. Or Monday. Or Tuesday...

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

I don't think we will get 3.2. WE may. 3.2 may have been coming to the iPhone with a few new features, but knowing Apple, they implemented those in 4.0 to "attempt" to make it impressive.

8. AKlrt macrumors member

Information

OS 3.2 Beta 5 was released last week. I thought there would be some updates about what it includes. Isn't anyone reviewing it and sharing it with us non-developer types? :confused:

9. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

can these please stop? seriously, there's already threads on this. we need some mods to move this. and when it does get moved, WE DONT KNOW WHEN APPLE WILL RELEASE OS 4.0