Wonderful Apple CS Experience

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hard-Hat-Mac, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

Just thought I share my story after having to deal with horrible customer service with other companies in the past month.

I ordered a G-tech FW800 259 GB backup drive online using a credit card and a $50 dollar gift card. I got an e-mail saying there was a problem with my order.

I called up apple and a CS Billing Rep named Marcus answered. He explained to me that Apple issues a test charge for $1 then the full amount then refund the initial test charge. Since the card only had $50 it was being declined.

So rather than have me have to pay fully or try and add more onto the card or deal with the banks he told me he would help me out.

He reduced the entire order by $10! This then made the transaction go through!

I know $10 isn't a lot but it was just wonderful to have a company work with me and help me out.

Just thought I'd share the story - hopefully this happens all of the time when this issue arises.

-HHM

2. pianos101 macrumors regular

Awesome! Yeah, even after the numerous problems i've had with my MBP the last 16 months, I cannot express enough how amazing apple's customer service has been. Some people laugh at me that i'm on my second replacement MBP, but if it were a Dell they would have never have been so understanding....