Wonderful Lacie external HD... and my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TJones444, Aug 23, 2013.

1. TJones444 macrumors newbie

I've read many posts about everyone's theory on why the MacBook Pro doesn't read the Lacie external hd, I took matters into my own hands and on a hunch switched cables, it worked! The only thing is that it fumbled on a restart and decided my drive was disconnected improperly (and it wasn't by me) anyway, ultimately it decided to completely disappear again. It seems to be a cable issue, but I tried yet another cable, same type, the standard sent with printers and that didn't work this time.

1. The drive did sit on all day and was hot
    2. nothing appears anywhere, not in finder window, all checks are on in preferences, not in disk utility
    3. I have successfully started the drive in another mbp, that seemed to help once. That's the thing-you get one shot with whatever method you figure out and then it figures you out and cuts out. :apple:

I'm hoping a genious with exceptional intuitive skills can skin this puppy and make it work because i'm really getting tired of trying to revive it. I tell you one thing though... I'll never spend my money on another Lacie drive. This seems to be a common issue and neither the brilliant and highly skilled people at Apple nor the ones at Lacie will bother resolving the issue, which makes me suspect that perhaps the answer is with shi--y equipment on the part of Lacie, and not patch nor cord will matter ultimately. mum means "dumb" by-the-way Apple, you don't have the guts to give the true answer. Lacie-geez buy some Apple stock so they have to work with you. my compliments to double jack Firestone beer-the only intelligent option to my frustration in dealing with this issue for the umteenth time.

Thank you.

2. TJones444 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, also tried the "3,2" keys to restart in 32 bit mode-no luck there either.