Wondering how i can get a MiniDVD disk out...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KRISIS, Jan 20, 2008.

1. KRISIS macrumors newbie

My little sister but one of those gamecube sized miniDVD's in my Macbook and it wont come out. anybody know how ??

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Try tilting the machine up and shaking it gently.

You can also try rebooting with the trackpad button held down. That forces the drive to eject, but whether it works or not depends on how the mini disc is situated in there.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Try this: turn the computer upside down (so the drive slot is facing down) and restart while keeping the mouse button depressed.

4. KRISIS thread starter macrumors newbie

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

6. eyemac74119 macrumors member

1:beat the living crap out of sister....
    2: and or spread a rumor about here to lots of people like if she leaves her messaging open talk to all those peeps

3get some tweez:):):):):):)ers and try to get it out......

7. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I have heard of people having success using something thin (like a strip of plastic) with a something sticky on the end to pull it back out. Maybe a long strip of scotch tape securely attached to the plastic, and then wrapped around with the sticky side out?

The problem being, that you don't want to lose the sticky part back in the drive, and you don't want to poke around too much in there. Although I suppose it doesn't work anyway.

Long thin tweezers might work too. I used some to get TWO cd's that were inserted at the same time (aren't kids great!)...

Have you tried holding the Macbook with the slot down (lid closed), and gently shaking it to see if you can at least move it towards the front of the slot? If you can get it close enough, you should be able to use regular tweezers.

You might also want to try taking it into an Apple store if one is close by. They might be able to help.

If you absolutely can't get it out, and it is not under warranty, You may be able to get a replacement drive, although I couldn't find any with a quick google search...

You can always use an external CD/DVD USB or firewire drive...

8. KRISIS thread starter macrumors newbie

tweezers didnt work...main b'cuz i couldnt see where i was picking

9. KRISIS thread starter macrumors newbie

YESS!! shaking eventually made the minDVD disk come out

10. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

What a relief. Make sure you watch what goes in and out next time, especially around your sister.

11. Mr Ikasu macrumors member

Finally, I'm finding some benefits to my MacBook Air! :D

I'm just hoping you haven't damaged your hard drive by shaking it.