Wondering how to carry your new G5 iMac?

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
Wow, talk about a revolutionary computer. You can actually carry it to wherever you wish! And it has built in sides to carry it by! Way to go Apple!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
My brain as over flowed from absorbing the mass of information it has just been forced to take in from this most intricate of KB articles.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
There was already a post about that here and a thread discussing it somewhere, but I can't find the thread. Does anybody remember?

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
I heard you could take off the footprint on the iMac. Has anyone does this? If so, how? Is it easy? Thanks for any info.

JOD8FY

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Doctor Q said:
There was already a post about that here and a thread discussing it somewhere, but I can't find the thread. Does anybody remember?
I thought there'd been a thread on this as well, but did a search...and nothin'...

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
morkintosh said:
I think the iMac could benefit from some kind of handle, like the old clam shell iBooks ... it's save the need for vapid web pages on apple.com, even more vapid posts to macrumors and completely pointless responses to the same.
the original iMac (every single G3 iMac) has a carrying handle on top.

Champale

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2004
Chicago, USA
Whoa

Waitaminute. Holdonaseconddamit.

Sides???

No one told me about 'em.

Is that an upgrade?

Did I need to order that in advance?

How many sides do I need?

Can I get that from a 3rd party vendor? Or do you recommend Apple made sides only?

I need help fast. I'm so confused...

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
Buy 3d Sides Now or wait for 4d

I am just not sure what to do. My old sides just are not up to modern specs and I need to update. Would I be better off to buy the 3d sides now or wait for the 4d. How long will it take.!?!?!

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
I'm glad there's an iMac G5 carrying guide ... frankly though, I'm still waiting for some help on how to pick up my Powerbook. ;)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Found it.

(Somewhat related, be sure to read the warnings if you buy Epson ink cartridges. I had no idea you weren't supposed to drink that stuff!)

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
Well, for the iMac G4 an article like that would have been very useful (I think there even is one). You could destroy the arm by picking it up by the arm only.

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
sebisworld said:
Well, for the iMac G4 an article like that would have been very useful (I think there even is one). You could destroy the arm by picking it up by the arm only.
Actually, according to Apple's website, that's how they tell you to pick up your iMac G4 - by the arm. I wonder why they would say this if the arm really wasn't strong enough?

JOD8FY

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
JOD8FY said:
Actually, according to Apple's website, that's how they tell you to pick up your iMac G4 - by the arm. I wonder why they would say this if the arm really wasn't strong enough?
I think I remember reading that you have to pick it up by the arm and the base so that the arm does not wear out.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
uh oh, now im worried, ive never read the instructions on picking up my PB. . . am i doing something wrong? how do i know? man im so nervous now!